 Local / United Kingdom / 6839
Re: More Rip Off Britain from LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 13:16:19 GMT

Lawrence,
we only have ourselves to blame. They will work out the costs based on how
much they think they will sell at any given price. No doubt, if the UK
bought more Lego trains we may well get them a fraction cheaper.

I am just happy they are making these sets, rather than more like the 4560
style sets.

Scott A

Lawrence Wilkes wrote in message ...
"Lawrence Wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesfamily.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in • message news:GFp865.Fv9@lugnet.com...
I see the new train wagon are up on shop@home
No prices of availability though.

If the same exchanges rates for the other recent train engines are used • in comparison to USA prices, then  the
Tanker -
10016, and Hopper Wagon -10017, should be around £12.50
Which doesnt sound too bad.
Then again 10 of each for a nice 20 car goods train is still going to set • you back £250. gulp

Spoke too soon.

I notice the caboose now has a price of £10.99
Which would indicate an exchange rate of 1.36 compared to the US price of • $14.99

And would price the 10016 and 17 at £14.69

I note that the German price of the Caboose is 29.95DM - which is £9.22

Why for a product manufactured and sold within the EU is UK price 20% more?

And considering that all the Shop@home stuff is shipped out of Denmark and • they charge shipping, the only difference in
their costs would be the UK call centre. Except I am ordering over the • Internet anyway.

Good old rip off Britain.

Perhaps we need to start a campaign against this.

regards
lawrence