 Local / United Kingdom / 651
Re: LEGO Design (was: Where does everyone live?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 06:39:43 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Sanjay D'Souza writes/wrote/has written:
I just finished assembling my first SW set (7110 Landspeeder).  A great
little set IMO.  On the other hand as part of my LEGO Town project I'm
assembling many MIB Town sets I've purchased in the last year.   One such
set 6342 (Beach Rescue Helicopter) blew me away with it's innovative design.
You can't tell by the pic on Lugnet or on the box but this set uses a number
of pieces in clever ways.

Then again after assembling a number of Town Jr sets over the last year
maybe I've forgotten how well LEGO Systems sets were designed.

So to answer you question Mark, I think that SW beats Town Jr hands down (I
can't comment on any other theme as I'm not interested in any others) but it
may be a dead heat between SW and some of the LEGO sets from pre 1996.

Sanjay

But imho, EVERYTHING beats Town Jr. Even 'MegaBlocks'!
I agree with the pre 1996 sets, though. Those were the days. One of the best
years was 1988: introduction of Blacktron-1, the coolest sub-theme ever made.

Mark "Blacktron complete" de Kock