 Local / United Kingdom / 5983
Re: Train fans: Let's get our act together before Gosport!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 18:16:08 GMT

Include me in.

What about track?

And crash barriers for the corners :-)

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Huw Millington (<G9vu6x.9D9@lugnet.com>) wrote at
14:17:39

If there are no tables, or they are unsuitable, I am proposing that all
those that want to participate bring a wallpaper pasting table each
specifically for the layout.

I don't know much about pasting tables, but I imagine they are roughly the
same size and (more importantly) height wherever they come from. Any height
differences can be sorted out using bricks and plates under the legs.

We could even suggest that those who want to take part that don't have a
table already buy them from the same shop chain (e.g. Homebase) to guarantee
size uniformity. I think they only cost a fiver or so.

How many people would be interested in this scheme? Let's see if we can get,
say, a 2x3 table rectangular layout (10 tables, hole in the middle) so I can
give my trains a good run :-)

--
Tony Priestman