 Local / United Kingdom / 5985
Re: Train fans: Let's get our act together before Gosport!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 19:45:04 GMT

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message
So, I am proposing that we do a bit of planning to allow us to set up a
table-height layout.

Sounds good. Just watch for falling Metroliners a la PNLTC video...

I don't know much about pasting tables, but I imagine they are roughly the
same size and (more importantly) height wherever they come from. Any • height
differences can be sorted out using bricks and plates under the legs.

...or brick under the trach to make bridges, viaducts or even inclines...

We could even suggest that those who want to take part that don't have a
table already buy them from the same shop chain (e.g. Homebase) to • guarantee
size uniformity. I think they only cost a fiver or so.

Mine were £6 from B&Q. Not sure how many of the three are caked in paste now
though! I'll happily turn up with half a dozen clean ones, but I might need
a few for my parts bins ;-)

How many people would be interested in this scheme? Let's see if we can • get,
say, a 2x3 table rectangular layout (10 tables, hole in the middle) so I • can
give my trains a good run :-)

I'm in. How about double-width tables on one side to allow for fiddle yards?

Just Jono .oO