 Local / United Kingdom / 5919
  Cheshire Fest

Dear All, Let me be the first to thank Tony for hosting another very enjoyable fest. We soon got the hang of breathing in and out in synch with each other and it was a great occasion for meeting old friends and making new ones. Jon didn't bring his (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Cheshire Fest

I'll second this :-) Thanks to everyone for coming, and thanks for your contributions, be they food, drink or plastic. I hope you all had a good time. I know I did (although a little expensive - thanks Jon ;-) As usual, I have a small selection of (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Cheshire Fest

(...) I'll third it! Thanks especially to Tony for his great hospitality (and patience) both hosting and allowing those of us from afar to stay over. It was a magnificent time, not just in terms of rustly, crinkly bags of parts, but also for meeting (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Cheshire Fest

Anyone got any pics up yet? As I was sitting here yesterday, I thought what a good idea it would be to have a webcam covering the event. Is anyone prepared to take up this challenge and facilitate the first UK fest to be broadcast on the internet?! (23 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Cheshire Fest

Being me working in Telecoms, it works about £10 for the phone calls costs? It would be a good idea, for people who didn't go or had problems getting there I am sure the next one will be good as well -- Michael - - - Please reply on (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Cheshire Fest

"Tony Priestman" <Tony@you-rang.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:czEyiDAiHjo6EwA...n.co.uk... (...) I'll third it... I probably won't get the pictures posted until tomorrow night. Thanks to Peter Callaway insisting on finishing his green Technic (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Cheshire Fest

(...) I'll fifth it (or a higher number by now) First proper 'Fest' I've been to and predictably overspent at. Thanks Tony. Only downer was seeing Jennifer's M.A.N. skip truck in full remote working order, not good for one's personal esteem! (we're (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Cheshire Fest

(...) And can I fourth it, a big thank you to all who came and brought goodies to rummage through. I especially enjoyed the 50p sale at the end of the afternoon. Did Nathanial come ???? I was supposed to have 928 plans from him ?????? Michael Pratt (23 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Cheshire Fest

(...) Isn't there a rule against girls making better models than the boys? It scared the life out of me when that truck started moving around on its own. I was about to send for a priest. I'm jealous of anyone who's got polarity switches anyway, so (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Cheshire Fest

(...) Well, I have said before that when making these models I occasionally feel the requirement for a serious Deus ex Machina. Perhaps I've been wishing too hard ;-) Thanks again to Tony for getting this event together, I had a great time. Jennifer (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Cheshire Fest

(...) I'm not making any promises but thanks to the bits I bought at the fest I might be able to restore the groups male pride or at least put us men back on an equal footing. I won't spoil the surprise but I will say it isn't a truck. Anyway It (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)