 Local / United Kingdom / 5931
Re: Cheshire Fest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 15:11:22 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jonathan Reynolds writes:
I'll fifth it (or a higher number by now) First proper 'Fest' I've been to
and predictably overspent at. Thanks Tony.

Only downer was seeing Jennifer's M.A.N. skip truck in full remote working
order, not good for one's personal esteem! (we're not worthy! we're not worthy!)

Jon

Isn't there a rule against girls making better models than the boys?  It
scared the life out of me when that truck started moving around on its own.
I was about to send for a priest.  I'm jealous of anyone who's got polarity
switches anyway, so those vehicles were brilliant.

I also liked your tilt train Jon (when there was finally enough floorspace
to put some track down, so a lot of people would have left and missed this
gem) - magical to watch it working so well.

Did I mention I saw a live steam train near Banbury on the way up?  Not sure
what type exactly, but it was quite a surprise.  And as for spending money,
I went to a collectors fair with my parents the day after; between them, on
N-Gauge and Beanie Babies, they spent about £80.  About the same as me then.
Unfortunately, I couldn't persuade my Dad to go for an N-Gauge Saxa Salt
wagon, so that I could photograph an N, OO and a 6-wide together.

Big-up thanks to Tony for hosting it.  I hope your house returns to its
normal size soon.

Jason J Railton