 Local / United Kingdom / 5782
Re: Catering for Cheshire fest 03/03/01
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 19:13:39 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Tony Priestman writes:
Folks,

It would be handy if I knew who was going to be around at tea time, so I
can organise something to eat/somewhere to go. Those of you who came to
the last one will realise that this is a pressing matter that I don't
want to get wrong again :-)

   See below re: being at the mercy of whomever is driving
   the Central London Carpool [tm].

If it's ok with everyone, I intend to make a booking at a local Italian
restaurant (there are several), but if the numbers are small, or someone
will only eat tripe & onions, I'll sort something else out.

   Oh, cool!  I was expecting that I'd have to drag in some
   veggies and a few jars of Patak's and toss up a smashing
   curry, but I'll gladly go Italian.

If you're planning on staying into the evening, please let me know what
you'd prefer to do.

   I'm at the tender mercy of Huw or whomever is driving
   this horse n' pony show to your place.  My only restriction,
   oddly enough, is that I need to be at Heathrow at 6.30pm on
   Sunday in order to meet the significant other (!!) who is
   coming to stay for two weeks on museum business.  Hah!
   I like it when *they* pay instead of me.

   best

   Lindsay