 Local / United Kingdom / 5669
Re: UCS X-wing quickie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 21:11:46 GMT

Ian Bishop wrote:

they're obviously not much different to some
types of crisp. Says a lot for how much these companies (and parents) value
children's health. I never allow my Daughter near them.

That's a good point, it was the smell that initially "attracted" me to them -
they actually smelled like Wotsits or something similar. They didn't taste much
worse either.

My concern was that they had some form of chemical preservative in them to stop
them rotting, but this would seem not to be the case given the reports of
rancidity we've heard in this thread. I suppose many forms of packing are
dangerous to kids, but you're right, stuff that smells and looks like food is
doubly so.

I remember my parents keeping me away from this kind of stuff when I was a kid,
but I got the impression it was to prevent it from being spread all over the
house as opposed to a risk of me eating it. I would imagine my recent actions
have proven them a bit wrong in this :-)

BTW, speaking of packages, I got the Model Team racing truck for Christmas and
you are right, it does look better without the spoiler!

Jennifer Clark