 Local / United Kingdom / 5663
Re: UCS X-wing quickie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 19:30:36 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jennifer Clark writes:
Ian Bishop wrote:

My Daughter commented that they looked and smelled like school crisps. If
you dab one into your mouth, they are clearly organic in composition,
dissolving and tasting much like, erm, school crisps.

It is most reassuring to hear I was not the only one who sampled this
gastronomic delight!

Jennifer Clark

Those things are, I've been told, pure corn starch and are supposedly
completely harmless to eat though they don't taste good. I suspect that
theysmell quickly for being such a good protein source for mold and yeast
etc. However I would love to see whether the paste they make is any good as
starch glue.  Anyone? anyone? Bueller?

Jonathan