 Local / United Kingdom / 5414
5413  |  5415
Subject:
Price reductions - where will it all end?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 21:36:36 GMT

Looking at the price reductions at eToys.co.uk makes me want to laugh and
cry.

It's great to see some deep price cuts in the UK at last. But what's
alarming is the speed at which the reductions are taking place. Sets that
are barely 3 months old are now reduced by 50%. I bought Vision Command for
£90 in September (Ok, that was slightly over the odds then). Now just 2 1/2
months later it can be had for 30-odd.

What is a collector to do? Go out and buy Star Wars sets, for example, as
soon as they appear, or wait in case they are reduced? How long does one
wait until they are no longer available? A tricky one for sure...

I think the answer for me at least is to only buy the sets I can't live
without right away, then snap up any bargains later on. The tricky bit will
be keeping sets in the can't live without category as to a minimum...

Having just ordered the UCX Xwing for 57, I am happy, but to see the Mars
Mission and Busy City book/sets available for £6, after having bought them
for £13 for my daughter's Christmas just a month ago makes me cry...

Huw