 Local / United Kingdom / 3813
Re: Service Packs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 7 May 2000 22:41:59 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Scott Arthur writes:
I just called the nice folk at Lego to get myself some service packs. One of
the ones I was after (5118 - I ordered it about 2 months ago) is out of
stock - and now may not come back. I asked why, and was told that Service
Packs have had their day as far as TLG are concerned (we know this).
However, the salesperson said that as they had been so popular in the past -
UK Lego was trying to keep the for us (I doubt this would be economical for
the current range). The  salesperson did say that the Service Packs were to
be replaced with a service which would allow customers to order "any part" -
I assume what was meant here was any _current_ part. If true, I think that
sounds good - depending on price.

Scott A

That's odd.

Coincidentally, I ordered a 5118 (plus a few other packs) on Wednesday. My
complete order arrived on Saturday. Fastest delivery I've ever had from
Denmark!

Conrad.