 Local / United Kingdom / 3771
Re: Service Packs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 11:47:09 GMT

"Scott A" <s.arthur@hw.ac.uk> wrote in message news:Fu2xxp.Dvt@lugnet.com...
I just called the nice folk at Lego to get myself some service packs. One • of
the ones I was after (5118 - I ordered it about 2 months ago) is out of
stock - and now may not come back. I asked why, and was told that Service
Packs have had their day as far as TLG are concerned (we know this).
However, the salesperson said that as they had been so popular in the • past -
UK Lego was trying to keep the for us (I doubt this would be economical • for
the current range). The  salesperson did say that the Service Packs were • to
be replaced with a service which would allow customers to order "any • part" -
I assume what was meant here was any _current_ part. If true, I think that
sounds good - depending on price.

Have you been in a cave for the last 4 months :-) She is I presume referring
to LEGO Direct.

Huw