 Local / United Kingdom / 3448
Re: Your boot-tastic bargains?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 20:07:16 GMT

I agree, but I also have had success by reversing it and placing lego wanted
ads in supermarkets. Every month my wife tours the supermarkets and puts up
free ads for me.

Agree with this and Scott's addition entirely. Free ads newspapers and
supermarket boards invariably produce better quality and quantity.

With experience, you can 'read between the lines' of the ads, and a few
chosen questions on the phone can tell you whether it's worth going
round. I usually ask;

Well played with, or made up once and put away / on display? (To give an
indication of piece condition).

Do you still have the boxes? (Added value for me, plus a good indication
if they have them that the stuff has been better looked after).

Sets kept separate (good) or all junked together in a box (bad on
several counts)?

What colour is the track (for train stuff)!

Also, I always ask all the set numbers before going around. Just one
good set can make it worthwhile.

Ian Bishop, Ayrshire, UK