 Local / United Kingdom / 3437
Re: Your boot-tastic bargains?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 11:27:17 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Scott Arthur writes:
I'd rather invest my time and money on "For Sale" ads in
supermarkets etc. These items tend to be more expensive, but the quality is
far higher. A few weeks ago I got a RIS _&_ DDK this way. :-)

I agree, but I also have had success by reversing it and placing lego wanted
ads in supermarkets. Every month my wife tours the supermarkets and puts up
free ads for me.

Last week I got 6 complete, boxed with instructions, 1980's castle sets from a
lady for £20 in this way (one's already on ebay as it duplicated one I had -
this will recover this entire £20 I expect). Unfortunately, the lady had
already sold more at a car boot sale and this is what was left. I wish I had
been to that sale - she had sold several more castles and pirates in similar
condition - usual story kids grown up.

regards
lawrence