 Local / United Kingdom / 2865
Re: re-What is happening to LEGO in UK +others
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 19:53:20 GMT

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000 17:14:32 GMT, Lawrence Wilkes uttered the following
profundities...

I think its fairly simple really, They are just not good value for money in
comparison to other toys, which seem also to have more appeal to kids of
today. And they dont care about the adult market by making sets that appeal to
them.

Even the basic brick boxes are extortionate in price. 20 quid
for 848 pieces? Compared to normal sets, not bad, but I am
sure everyone remembers 1857, 950 piece value box, for 13.75?
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888