 Local / United Kingdom / 2577
Re: Destroyer Droid - anyone got the back leg working properly?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 13:33:47 GMT

Tony Edgecombe <Tony.Edgecombe@frogmorecs.co.uk> wrote in message
I can't get the back leg to depoly even after following the errata. My • head
stays on though!

I *think* the front legs are supposed to somehow knock the black beam at the
base of the set as they hit the ground, which in turn releases the black
connector thingy that keeps the back leg upright.

If you compare the instruction cover picture with the completed model,
you'll notice minor differences in the placement of the front leg elastic
bands, so this may indicate last minute changes to try and get the thing
working.

It could be a case of rushed product release timescales having a detrimental
effect on product quality...

Is the UK the only place where this is on sale at the moment, I wonder?

Huw