 Local / United Kingdom / 145
Re: No '99 sets yet....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 23:26:01 GMT

Richard Dewsbery wrote:
Well, if it's a matter of pointing out the latest bargains and clearances to
one-another, that's a good thing, surely?  Or might we be looking in the same
small-ads columns?car boot sales, too?  :-(

Yep, it's a good thing, hence the :-=) .  I only look in my free papers
in Redditch so we don't overlap there.  My nearest car-boot is one in
Studley, never been there though.

I've been to Solihull a few times, but not the TRU.  Birmingham  - well, it's
the city centre, so easy to get to.  Whilst Oldbury is further in distance (I'm
in north Brum), because of the start and end points of the M5, I can get there
in about 15 minutes.

It takes around 20-30 minutes for me to get to the Solihull TRU, it
looks basically the same as the Brum one except everything is on one
level.  There is no where to buy LEGO around my town, the Woolworths has
about a metre of shelf space for it although you can get the 2490
Special Insectoids set [with damaged boxes :-( ].

I think the range of Roys Hobbies and Toys in Rubery is fantastic.  We
are not the only people in the Birmingham area, there is John Bourne
also who is on ICQ.

Carbon 60