 Local / United Kingdom / 123
122  |  124
Subject:
No '99 sets yet....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 21:31:44 GMT

Well, like an idiot I went to TRU in Hayes today. Never go to
a toyshop the Saturday before Christmas!!!! Nothing on sale,
and nothing new. They still have 6959 box of BURP's Spyrius
base set, at 30 quid! However, I lied. There was one set on
sale, 6975 Medium-sized UFO saucer set for 15 quid. They had
a couple hundred of these. True! 3 unopened shipping boxes,
a great big pile of them in the specials area, and many more
on the shelves. Walking around the store, looking for Lego in
other areas, for something hidden, only found piles of new
sets. Some other older ones, but out of reach. A damaged,
opened box of 6815, 1 Ice Planet, which is probably also
damaged. A couple of others which I could not identify, but
none were very big.

I also went to Legoland Windsor's big shop. Nothing there
from '99, and unlikely with it shutting down for the season
in just a couple of days. They do, however, have 1807 Santa
from 1995. Bought 8, and have discovered 'tisn't enough! What
with numerous nieces and nephews, they are all gone! Must go
back and get more. Many more. They are only 99p.

richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/