 Local / United Kingdom / 144
Re: Still no 1999 Catalogue :-(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 19:57:08 GMT

A couple of the smaller sets aren't too bad. I picked up the 3 smallest ones
in the States back in July. I picked up 6013, 6045, and 6083. 6045 has a
BURP. 6083 has no BURP's, but 4 of those log wall pieces in white, which was
a bit disappointing. But overall, they are pretty good.
The consensus on RTL seems to be that the bridge one was the best.
They do contain large amounts of black slope bricks, but that would seem to
have obviated these sets' usefulness for parts with that new roof pack.
The mini-figs are the best part.

richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/
binky wrote in message ...
Well I picked up my Shogun's Fortress and as per Huw's experiences it only
contains an old 1998 catalogue.

Looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer.

On related notes:

The Ninja dump display is quite nice.  I'd sweet talk the nice lady in the • shop
into letting me have it when they've finished with it but I know my partner
would kill me :-)

The Fortress seems to depressingly contain a large number of large • pre-formed
pieces, I'll report in more detail when it's been constructed.

Neil.
--
Neil C. Ford
neil@binky.demon.co.uk