 Local / United Kingdom / 123
  No '99 sets yet....

Well, like an idiot I went to TRU in Hayes today. Never go to a toyshop the Saturday before Christmas!!!! Nothing on sale, and nothing new. They still have 6959 box of BURP's Spyrius base set, at 30 quid! However, I lied. There was one set on sale, (...) (26 years ago, 19-Dec-98, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: No '99 sets yet....

(...) Cool, what's their mail order number again? Carbon 60 (26 years ago, 20-Dec-98, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: No '99 sets yet....

(...) I've seen these in the West Midlands at the same price. Why are there so many of this set, and not (say) Fort Legorado? TRU Birmingham and Oldbury also have the last big pirate ship marked down by £15 or so to £50. But no 99 stuff. Richard (26 years ago, 21-Dec-98, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: No '99 sets yet....

(...) Dunno, maybe they overstocked, remember they have to order all the sets for the year in Jan. (...) Your getting a little close to my territory there, my local TRUs are Solihull, Oldbury and Birmingham. :-=) Carbon 60 (26 years ago, 21-Dec-98, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: No '99 sets yet....

(...) Well, if it's a matter of pointing out the latest bargains and clearances to one-another, that's a good thing, surely? Or might we be looking in the same small-ads columns?car boot sales, too? :-( I've been to Solihull a few times, but not the (...) (26 years ago, 22-Dec-98, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: No '99 sets yet....

(...) Yep, it's a good thing, hence the :-=) . I only look in my free papers in Redditch so we don't overlap there. My nearest car-boot is one in Studley, never been there though. (...) It takes around 20-30 minutes for me to get to the Solihull (...) (26 years ago, 22-Dec-98, to lugnet.loc.uk)