 Local / Nederland / 1302
Re: Help with Old Dutch Printed Bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.nl
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 00:21:54 GMT

Duq,
Thanks for the additions. I've added them to my site. The coloured bricks
make a nice comparision with the earlier clear painted bricks in the
gallery, which came from a similar/earlier light brick set. I've also had
several people ask me where those coloured bricks come from - now they
listed in the gallery.

The engraved Police brick (I call it embossed on the site) is interesting.
I've only recently 'discovered' that printing variation. I had though it was
only for the gold train printed bricks, but I now have a few black printed
bricks like that, too. I would like any comparison pictures of such
variations in printing technique. I also don't know how or why Lego changed
the printing method, or even what the official name for the engraved process
is. I've seen it called hot stamping.

Thanks for the information and submissions,
Clark

My vintage parts pictures:

My collection of vintage printed brick pictures:

Picture submissions always welcome & will be credited.

In lugnet.loc.nl, Ronald Vallenduuk writes:
Clark,

I've gone through my stuff and found very little you don't already have....
They're in here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=20398
The three coloured ones I think are 1978, so that would be too recent...
I'm not sure you can see the difference in the Police bricks. The two with
the bold print are actually different in that one has flat print, the other
seems sort of engraved (that's the top one in the picture).
The third are some old stickered bricks that I found.

If I find more I'll drop it in the same folder...

Duq