 Local / Nederland / 1291
Re: Help with Old Danish Printed Bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.nl
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 19:34:58 GMT

Okay, I won't get offended by the mix-up of dutch and danish.....
You're lucky to have posted here, 'cause those prints are dutch, not danish.

Posterijen.
Post Office would be Postkantoor. Posterijen means Postal Services.

Automatiek.
Literally automatic. Nothing to do with making automobiles. It's actually
auto-buffet. Sort of a self service chipper...

P.T.T.
Post Telegraaf Telefoon, so Post, Telegraph, Telephone. They used to run
postal services and the phone network before the world went crazy over
privatisation.

Feel free to ask again if you find more. I'll have a look in my own
archives, see what I have. There's a good few familiar ones there. I'm sure
I have all the plane-windows except the blue/white, I've got both Police
variaties, the 6-wide car front, a few colors of the Legoland ones and some
4-wide fronts.
Do you do rectangular bricks only? I guess including 2x2 45 slopes would
make the list very long....

Cheers,

Duq

"Clark Stephens" <clarkcorner@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hello,
I recently acquired a few Danish printed bricks, but can't figure out what
they mean. Here's a list, along with picture links:

Posterijen - (I think this means literally Post Office?)

Automatiek - (I think this means Garage, what is the literal translation
Auto Maker?)

P.T.T. - (I can't figure out what this is an abreviation for, or what it • means)

I found these in a box of well-loved vintage bricks. I appreciate any help
in understanding their meaning.

I keep a photo gallery of these vintage printed bricks:

I am always looking for more pictures of vintage name bricks or any
variations. These are the first Dutch named beams for my gallery.
Submissions of new pictures are always welcome & will be credited.

Thanks,
Clark