 Local / Nederland / 1295
Re: Help with Old Danish Printed Bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.nl
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 20:52:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.nl, Saskia van Doesburg writes:

I have no idea what the translation of "automatiek is", but it means a place
where you can buy snacks (like a snackbar).
It's the combination of a snackbar and a gumball-machine (guys! help me out
here! :-)
You can get a snack, by inserting a coin in a machine, then you can take the
snack out of the machine.

We'd call those "vending machines" and the place would be an "automat"
(though you don't hear that name often).

Bruce