 Local / Italia / 10738
10737  |  10739
Subject:
LEGO®WORLD 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.it
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:32:34 GMT

At Sybrand Bonsma sbonsma@molphys.leidenuniv.nl wrote:

Hello Mario and our other italian friends,

How are you? I'm sending this email to you because I don't have the
email addresses of the other Italian people, but of course it is for all
of you.

Hi Sybrand

We are all well, thanks. Please feel free to post any collective info
directly on lugnet.loc.it, we always read it. I will forward this message
there.

After the success of LEGO WORLD 2001, also this year there will be a
LEGO event, even larger than last year, in the Netherlands. We have
already started with the organization of our part of the event. The area
that we have for De Bouwsteen is twice as large as large year and also
the total event will be much larger.

This is great news!

This year De Bouwsteen will focus more on exhibitions of old sets and
own creations. One of the special things we plan for this year is to
build a very large train layout with a large town. For the town we have
asked all our members (450 people) to build a house on a 32x32
baseplate. All those houses will be brought together at the event and we
will get an enormous LEGO city.

We are glad to contribute to the layout, bringing some houses, traks and
trains too. However, we were considering carrying our own layout too. During
our Italian legofests we usually set up modular layouts. We have defined a
standard module, which is simply a woodden base with baseplates attached on
its surface. All the modules share a common "interface" so that we can link
different people's modules into a single, large layout. Our idea, if you
don't mind, if you think we can have room enough for such a thing, is to
show there a 6x4 modules layout, which means roughly 3 x 2 meters.

The event will take place from Thursday october 17th till Tuesday
october 22th in De IJsselhallen in Zwolle (this is the same location as
last year, but now 6 days).

Wow! Six days...!!!

As we really enjoyed the presence of all our
foreign guests, and hope to see them again this year we would like to
draw your attention on this years event. If you know other people who
might be interested in participating in the event, feel free to contact
them about the event. One of the things we do at the moment as
organizing committee is to find sponsors, so that we can pay the lodging
for you and the other foreign guests.

That would be wonderful, and higly appreciated. I understand that finding
sponsors is not an easy task...

Of course you can always contact me for further information. If you have
any specific questions about the train layout you can contact Erwin van
Grinsven, who will organize the train layout this year, at
interzone2000@hotmail.com

Greetings and hope to see you again soon,

On behalf of De Bouwsteen,
Sybrand Bonsma

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to be in Zwolle again :-)

Ciao
Mario