 Local / Canada / 521
Re: Zeller's 50% off clearance toys
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 02:54:10 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, John Battcock writes:

I went to 6 Zeller stores today and here's what I know for sure. Sets on
clearance sale in one store were not necessarily on clearance in every
store. And One store had no sets marked down at all.

We went to the Zellers in Bridgewater, NS this evening.  Actually my wife had
stopped in this afternoon and noticed the 50% off signs hanging on the shelves
with "clearance" Legos (1999 Star Wars, even 7104 Deset Skiffs from 2000, Cyber
Slam, lots of Aquazone Sets).  This was on a separate aisle, and mixed in with
other discontinued toys.  Several aisles away were the regularly priced Lego
sets, but there were also several marked down sets like the Ninja series, 5600
Radio Control Racer, Indy Storm, etc.  All the reduced sets scanned at 50% off,
except for the 7110 Landspeeder which the cashier marked down manually.

During the recent 15% off sale (about 2 weeks ago), we had bought quite a lot
of the already discounted Ninja sets (mainly for parts) at an additional 30%
off.  Karen took in the receipt from 9 days ago, and the store credited her
with the additional 20%!  The store policy is that if an item goes on sale
within 2 weeks of purchase, you can have the difference between the price you
paid and the lower price.  All I can say is, too bad we didn't go in this
morning!

If anyone needs any of the following sets at 50% off, let me know and I can go
back on Monday (thank goodness the stores are closed on Sunday - it's nice
to have a day off!):

5600 Radio Control Racer
7171 Mos Espa Podrace (1 left)
7161 Gungan Sub
6093 Ninja Flying Fortress (1 left)
8445 Indy Storm
5533 Red Fury
7110 Landspeeder
7111 Droid Fighter
2162 Hydro Reef Wrecker
various UFO, Cyber Slam, Insectoids (lots), etc.

This is not an exhaustive list.  However, no trains (sigh).

Jean-Marc