 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 48
Re: LegAuz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 11:11:02 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote in message ...
I don't live in Australia, so my opinion obviously doesn't count

Todd Lehman's opinion doesn't count.  Ha ha ha ha ha ha ---- thump <<falls
off chair laughing>>>

<<gets up, dusts self off, snickers a few more times, and settles>>

Aaannnnyway.  Santosh is right, I would guess this is Leg-Auz, as in
Oztralia.

Still, its bound to cause confusion, uncertainty, concern, and then there'll
be tears and finger pointing, and gnashing of teeth, and you said, no he
said etc etc.

Unfortunately the word Australia does not lend itself to a ready Legoverse
translation (like say Tony Priestman's Great Brikain).

Maybe the trick is in the spelling - could anyone screw up the pronunciation
of LegAuz.  Well no, but LegAuz really has bugger all else to recommend it.

How 'bout 'AAFOL', being Australian Adult Fans/Fools/Froods/Frootloops Of
Lego?  That would be 'arrfoll'....
Hmmmm.  Bit close to 'awful'.

What about BLOC, the Builders' League Of the Commonwealth of australia?

Or STUDS.  What about STUDS. That needn't stand for anything really.  Just
Studs. That would be fine it seems to me.  After all, Lego is supposed to be
about imagination, isn't it?

Stream of consciousness is a very dangerous thing.

Richard
Still baldly going...
Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/