 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 241
Re: Half inching Baktoid prototypes (was W4K show idea)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 03:15:55 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Richard Parsons writes:
Hey hey, replying to my own post.  Ummm Ahhhh.  So shoot me ;-)

And what is it with the 'medic recon vehicles'?  Recon I can understand.
But medic?  By my limited understanding of BrikWars, one is either dead, or
not.  So what use your medic vehicle, except to add pathos and underline my
dastardly piratical status when I obliterate it without a second thought.

Or even a first thought :-)

In fact, I reckon Ahab would probably destroy medic vehicles even if they
were on the same side, to motivate his men.  You know, 'sure we'll come get
you if you're injured, but only after the battle, and only if we win, now
off you go, have a nice day'....

Ahhh, but these are multi-purposed vehicles. The recon part is two-fold, to
provide a target for enemy gunners (ie, not aiming at the other troops) which
is frustrating to hit because it is too fast, driving the enemy to distraction
("I will kill that thing if it's the last thing I do!") whilst the good guys
sneak up from behind and slap them with a codfish. The other part is to find
out where the baddies are - fairly simple.

The medic part is also two-fold; to provide medic support for the good guys
(ie my troops) if they are winged, and to provide nasty ways for the baddies
to die (lethal injections, cooked using the portable X-Ray machine, donating
vital organs to needy good-guy troops - brains, hearts, etc). These medics are
higly trained in hand-to-hand combat, using blasters of course.

The fact that you need to divert energy to attempt to destry them means that
they have fulfilled their role, diverting your attention long enough for me to
deliver the killing blow. If a few of them (hang on, I've only got two... oh
well) get munched in the process, too bad. They're cheap to build, and in this
kind of warfare, where getting hit by something usually involves scattering
body parts over a large area, training to be a medic isn't that intensive.

Errrr... like every good Batman episode I've revealed my master plan whilst
placing you in an incredibly slow, easy to escape from toe-nail remover. Time
to think of something else. Ha... Ahaha... Ahahaha... Ahahahahahah <cough
cough>!!!!!!

You start to understand why the piratical space dudes are especially cross,
no?

Cross or cross-eyed? ;-)

Pete Callaway