 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 118
  GBs, Valhalla and profiles

Evening all, As anticipated, we're talking the Pirates thingie, except with Vikings. This is the same display I saw at Erina Fair a few months ago. Eight or nine of those metre-ish square stalls. GBs are running a 20% of all Lego. Some 9v trains (...) (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd)

  Re: GBs, Valhalla and profiles

(...) So is it worth seeing? Should we organise another day-release from the clinic and see if we can beat the store managers to death with wads of cash?? (...) Just more SW LEGO. (...) that mean I need a plug-in of sorts? Pete Callaway (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd)

  Re: GBs, Valhalla and profiles

So Its not like the grand old displays, where you had to walk from one display to the next through special light and sound effects? D'oh. The little pop up box worked fine for me. I think its good. Thanks for your effort Richard. (...) (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd)

  Re: GBs, Valhalla and profiles

(...) This must be a bit disappointing, seeing that you have seen it already. (...) 20% off GB's price = Big W price ? (at least a chance to pick up a big set) (...) I thought it was quite good, not too in your face and not too much detail, we're (...) (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd)

  Re: GBs, Valhalla and profiles

(...) Dunno. You a Viking fan? As PeterW says, these kinds of displays are in support of TLC's range available at......eBay? I like the idea of beating store managers with wads of cash. I've just got to remember where I left my wads of cash. Maybe I (...) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd)

  Re: GBs, Valhalla and profiles

(...) Emphatically not. No multi room, multi themed affairs around here. I remember a near minifig scaled Sydney Opera House c/w Peter Allen singing 'I still call Australia home'. While I could do without the stunning rendition of a tragically (...) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd)

  Re: GBs, Valhalla and profiles

(...) Oh I don't know. I work just down the road. Not a big investment to go cruise for specials. Might pick up a Droid at these prices. And after all Peter, as I understand it, you'd drive a couple of hundred kms for a possible bargain. I defer to (...) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd)

  Re: GBs, Valhalla and profiles

(...) magnitude. (...) Maybe this was to keep the punters moving. (...) It's probably LA cutting costs. These sorts of displays probably take 2 droids and a truck to transport and display. GB's would love hyped-up kids with parents in tow trying to (...) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd)

  Re: GBs, Valhalla and profiles

(...) Where's your commitment?? ;-) (...) I got it to work at home. I think the problem at work is with our server, which doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Anyone want an IT job at Barclay Mowlem? You couldn't do any worse than the current mob. (...) (24 years ago, 16-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd)