 Local / Australia / 8828
8827  |  8829
Subject:
5975 T-Rex Transport (Was Re: Show disappointment. (was: STUDS stuff))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2002 07:09:44 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
True. The Enchanted Island at c.$55 is good if you don't know about the $45
ones at BigW. I picked up a 5975 dinosaur transport boat for $50, which I
think is pretty good. Several more left when I left.

Interestingly the 5975 is a North American shipment, it's got the set name,
piece count and ads for the mania club on the box... and the in box catalog
is promoting Harry Potter and the *Sorcerer's* Stone.

5975 is a nice set. Another, yet smaller, piratic ship becons. It's also
worth noting that there are 6 8x2 45deg slopes in grey in the ship, and a
few other nice bits an pieces to (brown 2x1 bricks, 2x4x1.3 round top
bricks, 2x2 rounds in white, several 2x2 brown 'barrel lid' plates

I hadn't seen the adventurers dinosaurs in the ABS before (except for the
pterosaurs and the baby T-Rex) but I'm impressed with both the triceratops
and the big T-Rex (which looks much more aggresive than a dragon).

Hmmm.... are there any of those $90(?) Dino Isle bases left in TRU's anywhere??

Cheers

Richie Dulin