 Local / Australia / 8478
8477  |  8479
Subject:
News of the next studfest!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 12:27:29 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
IIRC, we were aiming at a train prep fest last weekend March or first
weekend in April, somewhere in Marsfield.
First weekend in April (the last weekend in March being Easter).

Stardate: 7th April 2002
Starlocation: James's place 23/25 Taranto Rd Marsfield
               (having secured the permission of She who must be Obeyed, and
                 the agreement of she who pays the rest of the rent)
            it may be a bit squashy but it's cheap (read:free)
Starreason: Trains dry run (still need the track, anyone?!)
            Blockwars thingy
            General showing off of own creations.
            Pizza for the interested

On the train thingie, Port Block Park railway station is complete and
gorgeous (but don't get too enthused, I am by no means a train expert), and
the other elements for the theme park are more or less just stolen from Port
Block (so that I'm essentially good for my bit).  I'll look at landscape
around the river and bridge at the prep fest.
There's some talk of my being able to score an MB Viking ship from Ben
(which would be extremely cool, nice work Ben).  Do we want to contemplate
more maritime mayhem for this fest?
How about "Medieval maritime mayhem"? I don't think we'd have any trouble
raking together enough galleys and cogs for such a venture.

Sure.., Though I might just officiate this time
Bring the blue tarp Richie!

Also, given the location, anyone who wants to leave Train stuff with me to save
trainsporting it again is quite welcome to.

James (who will actually have the house to himself that weekend...)