 Local / Australia / 827
Re: Limbless monkeys
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 07:18:40 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
Mmmm.  I have found and will bring along two limbless carcasses.

I still don't entirely understand how that's going to be so useful, but, as
with so many things in life, I can still know what to do without having to
understand the why of it all ;-)

My merciless experiments on the one monkey I've got indicate that black and
tan arms both look okay, and fairly natural. Other colours are fine as well,
they just produce a less realistic effect (surprisingly).

On a lesser point, it is surprising to me that there is all this kerfuffel in
the press about growing human organs and limbs in/on other species, as though
its a whole new deal.  I've been using monkeys as a source of brown arms and
yellow hands for quite a while now......is that wrong?

It depends -- have you got ethics committee approval?

--Dave

1242 and closing

Ah, the Olympic spirit...