 Local / Australia / 7691
    Boxes, are they worth keeping? —Kerry Raymond
   Since emerging from my Dark Ages, I have saved all of my Lego boxes, although the contents end up in my parts drawers. However, I am now drowning in boxes, and clearly some/all must go. My questions are: Do boxes really have a significant value, (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Boxes, are they worth keeping? —Ross Crawford
     (...) Hi Kerry, I used to keep all my boxes. I recently realised they're just taking up valuable brick-space, and did a major purge. I've kept the plastic insides from my Silver Champ - it's useful when building new sets, you can open each bag & (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

         Re: Boxes, are they worth keeping? —Richard Marchetti
     Yeah, I gotta go with Rosco on this one. I generally keep only boxes that have importance to me for some reason. Even then, I break them down flat. I don't keep more than two copies of any literature (although I keep extras on hand to wrap cash in (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

         Re: Boxes, are they worth keeping? —Brad Linsley
     I am an active seller on Brickbay, 99% of the time it's loose parts from the sets. I find they are extremely useful for storing stock in. The large flat boxes are the best because you don't have to move all the LEGO to find the bags on the bottom, (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Boxes, are they worth keeping? —Frank Filz
   (...) They can contribute to the resale value of a set, however, almost every single set out there sells for more as parts. Of course many of the boxes can be sold by themselves. (...) I have been doing a box purge. I have finally settled on keeping (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Boxes, are they worth keeping? —Jason King
   Yeah, i keep 1 copy of each box, (Usually flattened) the rest get thrown out... They just take up to much space...And space is at a premium in the LEGO room. -- Jason King LugNet #665 Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Boxes, are they worth keeping? —Adam Wood
   Geeesss... Don't I just love having a 3bdrm house (with lockup waterproof shed) to myself. Lego (and boxes) everywhere. :0P~~~ Mind I could do with a few more display shelves. "Jason King" <jklugnet665@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Boxes, are they worth keeping? —Ross Crawford
   I *do* have 3 b'rooms all to myself (though they're not huge). I manage to confine my Lego to 2 of them, plus the lounge, but they're so cluttered up with (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Boxes, are they worth keeping? —Kerry Raymond
   Just to conclude this discussion, I have taken the first steps to Box Space Recovery. I have admitted I am a Box Hoarder, and have now thrown out all my Harry Potter boxes. Well, all the ones I found before the garbage truck came this morning; the (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.au)