 Local / Australia / 7732
Re: Boxes, are they worth keeping?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:01:53 GMT

Just to conclude this discussion, I have taken the first steps to Box Space
Recovery. I have admitted I am a Box Hoarder, and have now thrown out all my
Harry Potter boxes. Well, all the ones I found before the garbage truck came
this morning; the Sorting Hat box turned up later, but its days are
numbered. The Harry Potter boxes weren't chosen for any special reason other
than they were the most recent ones to enter the house and hence came most
easily to hand. Others will follow with each successive garbage collection.

I don't think I will throw every box out. I think I will keep some of the
larger "top-of-the-line" boxes for some of the really superb sets like the
5571 Black Cat or the 8448 Super Street Sensation. Despite what people say
about most sets being worth more parted it, I think it would be a crime to
part out sets like those. If I sold them, I would want to sell them
complete. By contrast, the UCS X-Wing is a superb model, and I wouldn't part
it out, but frankly the box ain't part of the buzz as it's just a simple box
which came full of polybags sliding about inside -- most disappointing, and
that box will probably go.

Kerry