 Local / Australia / 7694
Re: Boxes, are they worth keeping?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 00:20:58 GMT

I am an active seller on Brickbay, 99% of the time it's loose parts from the
sets. I find they are extremely useful for storing stock in. The large flat
boxes are the best because you don't have to move all the LEGO to find the
bags on the bottom, which helps keep the LEGO in mint condition, very
important when selling new pieces.

I have the space to spare, so I keep all the boxes, only the small useless
boxes from the <$30 sets are recycled. I have bought over 400 little sets,
so keeping them was a huge waste of time and space.

-Brad
Technic Wreckers

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Marchetti writes:
Yeah, I gotta go with Rosco on this one.  I generally keep only boxes that
have importance to me for some reason.  Even then, I break them down flat.
I don't keep more than two copies of any literature (although I keep extras
on hand to wrap cash in for overseas transactions).  I don't keep any
plastic inserts or cardboard trays unless I keep the whole box intact (as I
have with my Blacktron I boxes).  Everything else gets tossed out.

If something is important to you informationally but you still want to clear
out the space by throwing the item away, you might consider scanning the
important contents and storing it digitally before dispensing with the real
world artifact.

Y'all can go back to the usual AU only antics...

-- Hop-Frog