 Local / Australia / 6479
Re: Falling to the dark side
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 23:33:13 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:

And do tell about the hulls.  I have never had a cutting implement of the
requisite precision to attempt seperating a stern piece into the two pieces
Lego surely meant to make, and just never got around to.

Yes, the stern pieces are the tricky ones. Even if one does succeed in
cutting straight down the middle, you'll be effectictively left with two
half width keels (is it still the  keel that far back & up), which you could
space out with bricks, but would probably still look pretty silly.

So far, I've considered to options (but have yet to lay razor saw onto a
single hull piece):

1. Remove the keel bit from both halves. Fill and sand as necessary. Getting
a colour match would be tricky. Then build a brick keel instead.

2. Use two bow pieces instead. It would be easy to build a keel from bricks.
I'm not sure what to do with the left over stern pieces. No doubt something
will come to mind.

Cheers

Richie Dulin
Patrician of Brick-Morpork

PS Did you find out anything more about those clone pirate ships with
quarter hull pieces which we saw in Melbourne? Were they "compatible with
the leading brand"?