 Local / Australia / 628
Re: Toyworld clearance items (the ones Ben mentioned)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 20:48:06 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:
NOTE: For U.S. readers who are bored enough to visit our group, ALL PRICES
BELOW ARE IN AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS!!! ;-)

5988 Temple of Anubis - $80

Awesome set, awesome price. Eighty bucks gets you a play-scene with tons of
stuff that the kids will love to death, THREE skeletons (woohoo!), tan
BURPS, a tan dome (well, I like 'em!), and lotsa lotsa tan bricks, overall a
decent chunk of good Lego. I already had one but I couldn't resist buying a
second (well, that and it was payday yesterday). BUY IT!!! (Your kids will
thank you!)

Paul, I can see that desert fortress taking shape.
Tan BURPS.... the rarest in all BURPdom.

6093 Ninja Fortress - $99 ....told you Ben!  ;-)

Wow. Nice-looking big Ninja set, tons of black slopes, I can't think offhand
of a set that gives you that many at once. Nice-looking rock-wall BURPs.
Overall, it gives you a very large amount of Lego for $99. Excellent value.
BUY IT!!! (well, unless you really hate Ninja sets).

For $99, mortgage the house and build a new one out of these.
Even for non-ninja fans this is a great set.

6491 Timecruiser buggy - $4.95

Icky-looking TimeLosers set. Hmm. Not bad parts-per-price value though. I
bought four, mainly for the grey "cowl" slope pieces (same as on the X-wing
nose but without the printing!), and three technic-2xN-plate-with-holes per
set which will undoubtedly come in handy. Oh, be warned: each of this set
you buy will increase your Timmy count by one ;-)

The Worldwide Timmy Refuge is being constructed in the grounds of the White
House, setting for the third Sydney and environs get-together LegOz 2000.3.
Bring me your Timmy's, they can live out their lives here.

6982 Explorien spaceship - $79

Eighty dollars gets you a lot of white and trans-blue pieces, and quite a
few white 1x4 hinge plates. Not bad I guess, hard for me to say as I already
had two of this set. Ugly spaceship, but for a Space builder it's pretty
much a must if you don't have this set and are planning to build white
spaceships in the future, or anything using a lot of white plates and hinge
plates.

Don't forget the trans-blue canopies as well.
The 6982 that David Drew was kind enough to get for me from Uncle Pete's at
Wollongong for $60 had the boxcat with Japanese text as well.
Also on the side of the box was a sticker in Japanese with 97.12.30 on it.
Where are these coming from ?

Anyways, that's about it. The number of Lego bargains we have in Australia
at any one time seems to be inversely proportional to how much money I have,
so for the benefit of you all I'm buying lots of Lego and staying poor ;-)

I wonder if these sales are GST related ?

pete.w
LUGNET member 164
http://www.geocities.com/doctorshnub/