 Local / Australia / 627
Re: Trains available in stores?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 14:08:21 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:
Santosh Bhat wrote in message ...
Was in Toys R Us Parramatta on thursday night. They had One of the 4561 • trains
on the shelf, (this is the new alpine express one). It was priced at about
$230, I'm assuming this set doesn't include the transformer at this price.

But the question i have is, anyone else seen trains in store this year in
Australia?

The 4561 is in most Grace Bros for $299, haven't seen it in a TRU.
I got one from TW Ulladulla.

In Vic, they appear in Myer (similar to GB), but not in TRU that I've seen.
Ben?....

I've seen them in a few Toyworlds here and there too. It doesn't matter to
me because I got mine from an independent store which had it at 20% off RRP
as it does with ALL its Lego stock pretty much ALL year round. Now, what I
want to know is, if a single independent small toy store can do that, why
can't the others?!?

Very good question,especially when you see Lego move so much quicker at a
reasonable price.

The store is "Child & Adult" in Elsternwick, Melb. As far as I could see,
they sell only toys (and generally good quality stuff too), and yes, their
title mentions ADULTS. _AND_ their Lego is 20% cheaper than just about
anywhere. Can you say, "Australia's best toy store"?

'& ADULTS' I like it.

pete.w