 Local / Australia / 624
623  |  625
Subject:
Toyworld clearance items (the ones Ben mentioned)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 00:51:23 GMT

Further to the Lego sets on clearance at Toyworld (Ben mentioned it a few
days ago). At least some of the TW stores have put these out on sale. The TW
store I visited was at Ballarat. The prices (well, some of them) were as
follows:

NOTE: For U.S. readers who are bored enough to visit our group, ALL PRICES
BELOW ARE IN AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS!!! ;-)

6033 Treasure Ambush - $?

D'oh! OK, I didn't see the price for this one, I find it hard to get excited
about small Ninja sets.

5988 Temple of Anubis - $80

Awesome set, awesome price. Eighty bucks gets you a play-scene with tons of
stuff that the kids will love to death, THREE skeletons (woohoo!), tan
BURPS, a tan dome (well, I like 'em!), and lotsa lotsa tan bricks, overall a
decent chunk of good Lego. I already had one but I couldn't resist buying a
second (well, that and it was payday yesterday). BUY IT!!! (Your kids will
thank you!)

6093 Ninja Fortress - $99 ....told you Ben!  ;-)

Wow. Nice-looking big Ninja set, tons of black slopes, I can't think offhand
of a set that gives you that many at once. Nice-looking rock-wall BURPs.
Overall, it gives you a very large amount of Lego for $99. Excellent value.
BUY IT!!! (well, unless you really hate Ninja sets).

6491 Timecruiser buggy - $4.95

Icky-looking TimeLosers set. Hmm. Not bad parts-per-price value though. I
bought four, mainly for the grey "cowl" slope pieces (same as on the X-wing
nose but without the printing!), and three technic-2xN-plate-with-holes per
set which will undoubtedly come in handy. Oh, be warned: each of this set
you buy will increase your Timmy count by one ;-)

6982 Explorien spaceship - $79

Eighty dollars gets you a lot of white and trans-blue pieces, and quite a
few white 1x4 hinge plates. Not bad I guess, hard for me to say as I already
had two of this set. Ugly spaceship, but for a Space builder it's pretty
much a must if you don't have this set and are planning to build white
spaceships in the future, or anything using a lot of white plates and hinge
plates.

Anyways, that's about it. The number of Lego bargains we have in Australia
at any one time seems to be inversely proportional to how much money I have,
so for the benefit of you all I'm buying lots of Lego and staying poor ;-)

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164
http://www.geocities.com/doctorshnub/