 Local / Australia / Queensland / Brisbane / 24
Re: Toyworld (and the state of the nation)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 03:17:02 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri, Kerry Raymond writes:
I saw the Silth Infiltrator for $39 (reduced from $89) at Mr Toys Toyworld
at the Myer Centre, Queen Street, Brisbane yesterday. There was also a large
number of some large Egyptian set (sorry, I don't remember the number --
it's not to my taste) $99 reduced from $189. It had a hot air balloon if
that helps identify it.

pete.c, you reading this ? GPSP's

I am, I have, I did, I cried. I saw this yesterday but my work server got
upset with the world and wouldn't let me post a reply. I hope this one works.

I tried valliantly to find an excuse to go to Brisbane (apart from the obvious
"there's LEGO to be had" which didn't go over too well with the NLSO, I can't
understand why) but failed to come up with something. Budget-wise I'm a bit
skinned at the moment with this whole UK thing. The fact that the Aussie peso
is drowning at the moment doesn't help our budget forecasts either.

<excerpt from "fly-on-the-wall" microphone at Reserve Bank of Australia board
meeting>
BOARD MEMBER-1: "The Aussie dollar is falling, inflation is rising. Quick,
what can we do?"
BOARD MEMBER-2: "I know, lets put interest rates up!"
BOARD MEMBERS: <stoic head-bobbing> "Hear Hear! Great Idea! That'll fix it!"
<following week>
BOARD MEMBER-1: "That didn't work, it's still falling! What can we do?"
BOARD MEMBER-2: "I know, lets put interest rates up some more!"
BOARD MEMBERS: <animated agreement> "Hear Hear! Great Idea! Why didn't I think
of that!"
<following week>
BOARD MEMBER-1: <starting to panic> "It's still falling! Help, Mummy!"
BOARD MEMBER-2: "Well, I think we should put interest rates up, I think
that'll work!"
BOARD MEMBERS: <wild acclamation> "Praise the Lord! Brilliant! We're saved!"

... etc.

No guesses who's thrilled with our current monetary policy. </economic rant>

Pete Callaway