 Local / Australia / 5248
Re: Bugs Lego S@H has arrived!!! good news and bad news :) :(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 06:54:17 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:

So what is happening now? It looks like taxes are coming out at 15%. If they
are still using $50 as the limit for not bothering, that suggests goods
under about $333 will avoid the tax on the way in.

What data do we have to confirm or deny it? Mel's purchases would have been
over the limits above and she was pursued. What about you, Ross? Others?

Yeah, mine was well over that. I guess I wasn't peeved so much at the import
duty as the GST. I just don't see how they can justify collecting GST on goods
they've had nothing to do with. But since when have taxes required
justification...

ROSCO