 Local / Australia / 4840
Re: Lego shanty-town
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 10:37:35 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Allan J. Smith writes:
Ever bought a bag of second-hand Lego ?

I am planning a Lego shanty-town, made with damaged and broken pieces.
A place where the limbless, faded, off-their-face or down on their luck
minifigs can happily reside.
Broken windows, they will fit right in, broken motor-bikes can just go out
back.

I have had a similar idea after a local toy shop gave me a lot of glued display sets.
After removing any not glued parts I am going to build a  wreckers yard. The glued
yellow harbour crane can load scrap into the blue ship. The glued harbour police
set will be the office. The Mtron spaceships will become scrapped movie props.
All the vehicle sets with removed not glued parts ( wheels, tyres, doors etc) will
fill up the yard.

Hi Allan, nice to see you visiting, it's a while since I have visited your
site. I have seen the military ambulance before, but the vintage truck models
are really superb. So backtrack and visit Allan's site, readers.

Are those Belville quarter-circle base plates in the multi-story building in
pale yellow ?
Any experiences/problems that you had with the variuous Taupo shows, that you
care to share, since we're planning a train show later in the year.

pete.w (West Island)