 Local / Australia / 4534
Re: Bit of a change for me. + (and a bit of a "blah blah")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 21:13:09 GMT

Sheesh kebabs! The first time I went and saw that Myer Indooroopilly had the
new Lego, I remember they had almost a dozen of them Imperial Shuttles!
Mind you things seem to vanish quickly at that Myer some times.
Indooroopilly really does need a toy shop (bye bye went Toyworld many years
back and just more recently Toys R Us) but now we have crummy K-Mart and
their poor excuse for stock ("a whole new WORLD FOR KIDS") HA! what a joke!.
And then we have Target who *ahem* used to be good, but when they have sales
and I mean SALES, they have SALES! Not to mention Target sell only a little
bit of this and a little bit of that, and never a bit of everything.
Australia will be a better place if I ever won Lotto!  And you know who will
be my Toy store assistants!!! :)...

Take care... Mel

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:

Hi Jason. Well I'm pretty much the same, except I bought Star Wars (old &
new)!

I just bought the Imperial Shuttle at Myer Indooroopilly, having ordered it
in. However, there were oodles on shelf at Myer Queen Street last week. I
haven't built it yet, as I have a pirate ship [*] under construction at the
moment.

I can't get very excited about the other new Star Wars sets though.

[*] Those at the Mittagong STUDfest may recall I purchased a pirate
bow/stern from Ben Whytcross and a Flying Time Vessel (complete with Timmy)
from Paul. I'm now attempting to build a pirate ship from this motley
collection of parts. It's going to be a very strange-looking ship, due to
the number of parts I am substituting, finessing etc. I think I shall call
it the Wynnum Wobbegong on account of its bizarre appearance:

http://www.austmus.gov.au/fishes/students/focus/omaculatus2.htm

Kerry