 Local / Australia / 4531
Re: Bit of a change for me.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:15:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:

They should have some 'Mars' red baseplates and crater plates to go with • the
sets. The new colours are interesting and so are the new elements.

Are there any baseplates whatsoever in LoM? I can't see any in the LUGnet
database scans.

Unfortunately not :^(
The distinctive nature of the Mars surface deserves being Lego-ised.
If they can make multi-blue baseplates for Aquasharks, why not LoM ?
Surely with the mauve, powder blue, raw meat and Liberty green, a Mars red
wouldn't have been too much of a stretch. Maybe the raw meat colour is meant
to be 'Mars' red.
Will we have to drive out to Central Australia and collect a sandpit worth of
red sand and rocks to ebay to people ?

Interestingly, 7317 Aero Tube Hangar has three sub-boxes inside the main box.
These boxes have LoM graphics in black and white, as have the two polybags
inside as well. Is this a cost saving or fashion statement ?

pete.w