 Local / Australia / 4530
4529  |  4531
Subject:
Target pricing (was Re: Target 20% off Lego)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:12:48 GMT

In lugnet.org.au, Dave Low writes:
IIRC Target has a *centralised price inventory for the whole country*. Get
your skates on people -- sale ends tomorrow!!!

I used to be under that impression but I'm now not so sure, over time I've
seen sufficient differences between Sydney and Hobart Target Lego* pricing
to call this in to doubt.  I would still back Tas and Vic being on the same
pricing inventory though.  So I guess the question is, do Vic people think
they're on the same inventory as NSW?

*I'm comparing % off sale prices and clearance pricing, I'm not sure about
normal retail prices, not enough data points.  One possibility is that the
normal pricing is national and sales are keyed in locally (state by state or
maybe groupings eg Tas & Vic).

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com