 Local / Australia / 4248
Re: Studfest VII: The Gathering -- a thorough success
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 22:30:21 GMT

Now actually writing under my own hand...

I had a great time.  It was indeed a pleasure to meet people (particularly
people who came through with goodies - thanks Martin :-), put faces to
names, and generally meet with most of the movers and shakers of Eastern
States AFOLdom.

Ross's crane was for me an eye-opener, not only for its scale and beauty,
but for its self-balancing automation, and meaningful warning sirens.
Kevin's castle, as always, raised the standard for Australian castle
building, and Ben's rolling Johnny Thunders made for a daunting vista on the
battlefield.

I am already looking forward to June.  The need for a spaceworthy assautlt
carrier to rival the Shuttle of Death has finally broken down what remained
of my resistance.  Lookout space, here I come.....

Richard
Still baldly going...