 Local / Australia / 4078
    Who is behind this? —Jason King
   I was looking at an Ebay auction and this was at the bottom:- Have you heard of the new LEGO.au.com web site yet? Finally Australians will be able to purchase sets online from Australia. Opening in mid - February 2001. I'll see you there! (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Who is behind this? —James Howse
     (...) I don't know who it is, but I can see it ending in a brief crunchy squeak. To quote from the site "The Lego Group does not sponsor or endorse this site in any way. This site is privately owned and operated within Australia." Despite this they (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

         Re: Who is behind this? —Deidre Rushton Brumby
     Ah, that announcement got my hopes up briefly. For some reason my mind registered it as au.lego.com rather than lego.au.com, I was vaguely wondering why we'd got a locational name for Lego shop at home when no-one else had, only to be hit with a (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        (canceled) —Jamie Obrien

         Re: Who is behind this? —Deidre Rushton Brumby
     (...) I'm fairly sure I saw an announcement/advert about au.com a few months ago. If I recall correctly it is an Australian company who wanted to provide "the next best thing" to com.au addresses to those that didn't qualify. To get a .com.au (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Who is behind this? —Peter White
     (...) The auction lists Melbourne, it might be a case for a MUG to investigate. Their feedback thanks Michael.A in one item. It somehow reminds me of someone who pops up here occasionally. (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Who is behind this? —Timothy Gould
    I very much doubt this store will survive to release anything. There was once a tore that sold Lego on the internet in Aus but it was shut down by TLC because they didn't want them operationg via the web (God only knows why). Since this store (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Who is behind this? —Peter Parsons
     hey All who ever it is this is the most action I have seen here for a couple of months. they should do it more often. Even bought Tim out of the wood work (Hi mate hadn't heard from you for a while). Same conclusion though Lego is going to jump from (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Who is behind this? —Jason King
   Yeah i visited that site that used to sell Lego, I can't for the life of me understand why they squashed online sales through there.. Especially when you consider the trouble Lego is in at the moment.. I suppose it is because SAH will eventually be (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.au)