 Local / Australia / 3979
3978  |  3980
Subject:
Out and about
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 20:09:37 GMT

Braving the Xmas shopping hordes, I ventured into retail Sydney.
Now a Grace Bros sale of 20% off leading into Xmas should reveal some interest
in what's left behind.
Most GB's have been ravaged, in the city store they still have a heap of 7151
Sith Infiltrators at $69. Now GB's, you will have to try harder than that.
Maybe they should have accepted Pete.C's 'generous' offer in April ?

Dino Island appears to have been popular, I counted one large set in 3 stores.

Each GB's have some large Lego sculptures, the modellers have been busy.

At Macquarie Big W they went thru a pallet of the small red basic bucket in
a week. Most of the horde of 6829's had been cleared out. These Korean aliens
must be out in society now impersonating earthlings, joining political parties
and who knows what other activities.

A Toyworld had an UCS X-Wing on the shelf for $360 and a Tie F for $260,
who said there wasn't a place for Ma 'n' Pa toyshops in this world :^o

M.Falcons must be in everyones' stocking, 'cause they're not in the stores,
unless you count the Powerhouse expo shop.

Bring on the Martians, it's getting boring.
pete.w