 Local / Australia / 25
Re: Talked to LEGO today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 02:58:51 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
The person I spoke to was very helpful, well, sort of, not much information
gained.

I asked about the GST, they reckon the price will drop.

It will still be expensive though. The person I spoke to at LEGO Australia
said that they had no control over the price of LEGO - the shops have the
final say (obviously) and realise that they have a captive market. That's why
you can buy the Star Wars X-Wing for about AUD$45 in the US (give or take due
to the exchange rate, and this is not accounting for any sales - you can get
it cheaper) and it is nearly twice that here in Australia. It's a similar
story across the LEGO range. The price drop will be a (small) welcome though.

I asked about the LEGO EXPO at MYER Melbourne (from Dec. I think..) They
don't know if it's coming to Syd yet. (?!?, prob, 'cause promotions and
customer relations are different depts.

Any more news on this?? I hope it does come to Sydney as it's been ages since
I've seen a good LEGO expo. I remember long ago when they used to have the
annual expo in Centrepoint in the city - they were fantastic, and a good place
to pick up some hard-to-find sets.

Pete Callaway