 Local / Australia / 28
Re: Talked to LEGO today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 23:57:28 GMT

Correct on All counts. Birkenhead was by far the biggest thing that
Lego attempted in Australia. Although my memory of it tells me that it
was quite a dear place, but had almost the entire range there..

It was at one of the ones in Centrepoint..the Pirate one i think...that
i heard them dreaded words "They're discontinuing the 12v Lego
trains"..Lego trains never been the same since :(

Cheerio
Santosh

James Howse wrote:

I asked about the LEGO EXPO at MYER Melbourne (from Dec. I think..) They
don't know if it's coming to Syd yet. (?!?, prob, 'cause promotions and
customer relations are different depts.

Any more news on this?? I hope it does come to Sydney as it's been ages since
I've seen a good LEGO expo. I remember long ago when they used to have the
annual expo in Centrepoint in the city - they were fantastic, and a good place
to pick up some hard-to-find sets.

They suggested calling back in mid-dec
Weren't the exhibitions at GraceBrothers city store, on the top(8th)floor, I
also remember at least one that was at Birkenhead point (with a huge
merchandising area).  feel free to correct me I was only a little tacker at
the time.

James from Oz.