 Local / Australia / 2123
Re: Round Australia in 80 stores... (building up the count...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 06:25:11 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Jane McDermott writes:
Australia wont win the world cup, but if we do, I'd like the team to be one
without any of them "we're too good to represent our country" players based • in
Europe. The players that drop everything to come play for their country • should
be the only ones who get invited. • I think we're doing a bit better in those stakes than a lot of places.
Actually come to think of it. Is this soccer set the first "sporting" set • that
Lego's made?
I think so, it's certainly the first one I ever recall seeing.  Unless
jousting is a sport.

Jousting was more a form of court wasn't it?
One baron arguing with another baron, "hey lets joust!"

Of course nowadays they use solicitors/lawyers, But these modern ones don't
have the courage, honesty or valour as the older ones supposedly did.

P.S. Posh spice? now if you had said Shirley Manson of Garbage..yummmo :)
Nope, sorry, she never featured in FWCL.  Perhaps you should bring Sally Ann
from Sedgely in the West Midlands.  After all, she must be a nice girl - she
had her bottom pinched by Gazza...

I don't think i can drink nearly enough Nesquik to be on par with her :-)
*Cue the music for Indoor League*

Santosh